[lug] Looking for image manipulation software

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Wed Nov 24 01:13:55 MST 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 09:18 pm, Ed Hill wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 19:55 -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > I'm looking for a software package that will allow me to overlay
> > and subtract one image from another. Perhaps, all I need is help
> > getting gimp to do what I want.
> >

>  Free:  Octave, ITK, ImageMagick
>  Commercial:  MatLAB, IDL

On that note, the operation you describe would be trivially easy with
Mathematica:  import bitmaps as lists of intetegers, subtract the
resulting 2 lists, export bitmap.

Mathematica is amazingly expensive, but if you have it that is what I
would probably do.  (I've gotten good enough with Mathematica that
doing stuff like this is easier that way than reading the man page
for free tools I have that could do it too).

Tim
== Timothy Klein || teece at silverklein.net
== Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings...