[lug] FYI: what I'm working on

Paul E Condon pecondon at mesanetworks.net
Thu Nov 25 19:11:17 MST 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 11:46:12AM -0700, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:
> * On 2004-11-25 11:19 Paul E Condon <pecondon at mesanetworks.net> wrote:
> >
> > The big issue for which this is a small contribution is verification
> > of the integrity of an election. Don't ask what I mean by integrity.
> > Without some data its all wild speculation.
>
> Are you working on The Open Voting Consortium project?
>   http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/

No. I didn't know about them until I looked at the link above. My
interest is in methods for open verification of the process. Sort a
Freedom of Information for voting records. What is needed to achieve
real verification in regulations, file formats, and software. They
seem to be interested in providing their own full solution to the
problem of actually conducting elections. When they have something
to offer, they will need work like I'm think of to have the correct
operation of their system verified.

This is not "voter verified ballot" but "independent auditor
verified voting". I'm interested in the tools that will be needed
by the independent auditor(s).

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon at mesanetworks.net