[lug] Hard Drive Manufacturer Suggestion

Michael Belanger mrb at ciclops.org
Fri Dec 3 08:58:55 MST 2004

I highly recommend IBM harddrives.. I have been using them for years
without any problems -- and great performance.

I have also had good luck with Maxtor HDD's.

I have had TERRIBLE luck with Hitachi (specifically, their thinkpad
HDD's), and with Seagate SCSI HDD's.  Not sure how Seagate's IDE/SATA
drives are.

-M

Chris Brotherton wrote:
> I used to be a big fan of Western Digital, but lately I have had problems with
> them.  My current drive just died after 5 months.
>
> I was curious what manufacturers you guys liked.
>
> Chris.

Michael Belanger
CICLOPS, Space Science Institute

phone. 720-974-5853   Jabber: mrb at jabber.ciclops.org
fax.   720-974-5860

DISCLAIMER:
The Sender and Cassini Imaging Central Laboratory for Operations
accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information
provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in
writing. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in