[lug] Boulder LUG list questions

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Dec 8 04:26:02 MST 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 09:21:53AM -0700, Chip Atkinson wrote:
>Am I correct in assuming it's mailman?

Yes, mailman rocks.

>How is the archiving done?  Is that done by Mailman too?  I'm really
>impressed that postings end up in the archives almost immediately, which
>is much better than what I was doing on the list I run.

Mailman is doing that as well using pipermail.

>I looked on the web site http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/ and saw that
>the archvies could use MhonArc, but was wondering how it was done for BLUG

We used to use mhonarc before Mailman, but have witched mostly away from
that.  We also used to use ht://dig for searching, but now we prefer
google.

Sean
--
 Let's just say that their monkeys aren't quite typing Shakespeare.
   -- Sean Reifschneider, speaking about Quicken support, 2001