[lug] screen and shit + pgup

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Wed Dec 8 10:21:29 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 10:15 -0700, Jason Davis wrote:
> Hello,
>  I have always used shit + pgup to view stuff that scrolled past in
> gnome-terminal. I now use screen a lot , and shift + pgup does not work
> with gnome-terminal (works fine with xterm). Has anyone had this same
> problem... and fixed/worked-around it?

Screen has its own way to do this.  Press ctrl-a, Escape to go into
history review/copy mode.  Pressing Escape again gets you out of it.
While in review mode, ctrl-b moves one screen back, ctrl-f moves
forward.  See screen man pages for more info.

I put this line in my $HOME/.screenrc file:
defscrollback 10000

That gives me plenty of history.  I think the regular default is only
100 lines.
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org>