[lug] Starband dead, dead, dead...

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Dec 9 00:22:31 MST 2004

John Hernandez wrote:
> My sister was a customer in Alaska.  She was down for a week.  She
> finally had to reprogram her system to point to a restored portion of
> the bird, and she's been up since Sunday.

Yeah turns out I hadn't Googled far enough.  I originally heard about
the outage from another ham radio operator halfway across the country
(Lynchberg, VA), talking to him during "drive-time" in the Jeep.

They have partially recovered the bird and were able to restore most
people to service with software reprogramming of their end-user units to
use other transponders.

They're looking into root-cause but a possibly failed solar array
actuator has been mentioned on one of my mailing lists...

Nate