[lug] Boulder LUG list questions

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Dec 9 06:29:29 MST 2004

>Ok, thanks!  I just looked at pipermail.  Apparently there is a built in
>pipermail.

Yes, that is sufficient for our needs.  I usually change the default
archive rotation scheme, though.  I think I usually set it to Monthly,
where the default is Weekly.

>My one complaint about Mhonarc is that it is slow.  Not only that, but as
>the archive gets larger, it gets slower.  With 1000 postings in a
>directory, adding another one is horrifyingly slow.

Don't do that.  :-P  When we were using mhonarc, we had it so that the
archives were split up by month, with an index page above those.
Performance was never an issue, and the BLUG archives have never run on a
particularly speedy box.

Sean
--
 *** Quits: TITANIC (Excess Flood)