[lug] Konqueror passwords

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Fri Dec 17 15:11:29 MST 2004

Hey all--

I love how Konqueror and Firefox offer to remember your login and
password for various web sites, and I use the feature quite often. For
a particular site, however, when Konqueror originally asked me if I'd
like to store the password I clicked "never for this site". Thus,
whenever I go to the site I have to enter my username and password.

I'd like to change the behavior for this site-- in other words, have
Konqueror store it. However, I can't figure out how to make it prompt
me again, so I can answer "yes".

I looked through the Konqueror settings to no avail, and then went to
the KDE Wallet Manager (where usernames and passwords are stored for
other sites).  I created a new site/user/pass that looks just like the
others, but Konqueror isn't picking it up.

Does anyone know how to "reset" the prompt in Konqueror, or at the very
least manually enter the login information so the Wallet will have it?

TIA,
Jeff