[lug] [For Hugh Brown] system clock stuck

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Thu Dec 30 16:58:40 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 09:24 +0100, David Causse wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm not a Colorado Linux user but I have a very strange problem and the only
> info I could found with google is this message :
>
> http://archive.lug.boulder.co.us/Week-of-Mon-20030630/024815.html
> And no answer was posted.
>
> So if Hugh Brown is still in the list, could you send me your feedback
> with this problem.
> Was it hardware problem?
> I have exactly the same problem with kernel 2.4.27.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> David Causse.

Sorry to be so late in responding.  Someone else followed up with me
about this a while back and noted that we were both using HP Netserver
LP 1000r machines.  He had a support contract with HP and discovered
that the kernel wasn't getting along with a certain chipset (serverworks
chipset I think).  I think when I had the problem it was with SLES 7.  I
later upgraded to SLES 8 and didn't have the problem anymore.  I assume
upgrading to a later kernel would help you out.  Unfortunately, I no
longer have access to the box to provide any more details.

Hugh