[lug] Good Book for Linux Beginners

John Karns jkarns at etb.net.co
Tue Jan 4 09:41:11 MST 2005

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Stephen Queen wrote:

> In the last couple of weeks, a number of people have asked
> me what a good book for Linux beginners might be. I have a
> number of books that I have come to rely on as references,
> but nothing I would recommend to a beginner. Does anyone
> have some suggestions?

I don't how generalized it is, but I haven't seen it suggested here.

  Knowing Knoppix is a beginner-friendly book designed to help with these
situations:

     * You can't start Windows! Disaster? Possibly not. It is often
     * possible to rescue files using Knoppix from crashed Windows
     * computers, even when Windows cannot be started. This guide takes
     * you step by step through the process.
     * You are curious about Linux, and you want to discover what all the
     * fuss is about.
     * You want a useful guide to help you get started with Knoppix.

http://www.pjls16812.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/knowing-knoppix/index.html

--
John Karns