[lug] Software Security Engineer

Brad Doctor bdoctor at ps-ax.com
Sat Jan 8 19:53:10 MST 2005

Greetings,

If you have the skills and are highly motivated to work on a world-class
team, please contact me.  This position will be extremely challenging and
rewarding.  You will work on industry-leading solutions that have been proven via many angles, including major industry reviews and awards on a team that produces, and expects top notch work from every member.  You will be expected to be a motivated self-starter who can own their piece of the project and produce high quality code within the agreed time frame.

We are a huge open source shop and employ a number of other cool technologies,including virtual machines, blade servers, hybrid software/hardware (ASIC) systems, etc.

Great environment in a successful startup.  Competitive pay, benefits, and all of that.

We will even provide a chair *and* a desk, and for the right candidate we'll
throw in a workstation.

Send resumes to either myself or to careers at stillsecure.com.

-brad
--------------

Software Security Engineer

Stillsecure seeks qualified candidates to augment our world-class development
staff.

Job requirements:

All of our products employ some or all of the following technologies:

- Low and high-level IP networking
- Rich, capable browser-based UI (Firefox and IE)
- An SQL database (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)
- Java, C, C++, Python
- Our own distribution of the Linux OS

Specific experience with the following is mandatory:

- Java, C++ and C
- SQL databases including Postgres and MySQL, or at least ANSI SQL
- UNIX-like operating systems (Linux), Windows operating systems
- Proficient scripting ability in a language such as Perl or Python

Desired Experience

* Note - if you are a Windows developer with no experience on a Linux or
* UNIX-like system, this position likely won't be a fit.  So don't send your
* resume.  Likewise if your coding experience consists only of classroom
* work.  While we are on the topic, if you don't play well in a team
* environment and/or have issues that people generally react negatively to,
* and/or have a personality that badly morphs in lockstep with pressure,
* don't send your resume.

- Prior development experience in a Linux operating system environment, or
  other UNIX-like operating systems.  Likely at least 5-6 years of full time
  development experience will be required, unless you are super-smart :)

- HTML/DHTML, Document Object Model (DOM), Javascript
- Model-view-controller UI architecture
- Prior experience writing system-level applications that were very reliable
  and fault-tolerant.

* During this time you will have extensively used some or all of the
  technologies listed above.

Responsibilities include:

- Developing high-quality code.  Our QA team will help you do that :)
- Working with other team members to solve the complex problems that we are
  solving.

Job location

This position will be located at StillSecure's corporate office in Louisville,
Colorado.

Compensation

Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time position.

--
Brad Doctor, CISSP