[lug] CLUE InstallFest, 12 Feb 2005

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Tue Jan 25 20:33:31 MST 2005

Crawford Rainwater wrote:
> Folks:
>
> CLUE will be holding an InstallFest on Saturday, 12 February from 10AM
> to 4PM at DeVry University's Westminster Campus, 1870 West 122 Avenue
> Westminster, CO 80234.
>
> DeVry has keyboads, mice, monitors, internet access (wired and wireless)
> for people to use.
>
> I will make available SuSE 9.2 (5 discs), Knoppix 3.7 (1 disc), Ubuntu
> 4.10 (1 disc for install, 1 for LiveCD), Fedora Core 3 (4 discs),
> Mandrake 10.1 (3 discs), and Gentoo 2004.3 (1 disc, install, x86) on CD
> (Gus, Joanne, and/or Rusty will have these discs) for others to
> copy/burn.

I have K12LTSP 4.2 (Fedora plus LTSP, with updates to approximately
December). In addition, if anyone has a system with a tuneable video
capture card, I have KnoppMyth 4.5 (a Knoppix distro customized for
installing MythTV on a hard drive).

> I am also solicitating "Linux savvy gurus" to help out with this
> InstallFest as well since I will not be able to attend nor coordinate in
> person as usual.  Please email me directly off list (as I get these in
> digest form) if you can assist for some or all of the time.

I don't know that I'd call myself a "Linux savvy guru", but I _have_
been using it for over 6 years.  Yes, I'll show up if I'm not called
away by work.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge