[lug] [OT] TI-82 / TI-83 simulation

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Wed Jan 26 11:52:13 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 11:46 -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> My daughter is taking College Algebra. The course requires
> work on a graphing calculation, specifically TI-82 or TI-83.
> Is there open software that I can install on my linux box
> that will provide a fairly exact simulation of either of
> these? Where?
>
> Debian packaging preferred.
>
> TIA

Some work with Google found this:
http://randy.gluvna.com/randy/ti8xemu/

It doesn't seem to be nicely prepackaged though.  You'd have to compile
it and you'd need a link cable for an actual TI calculator in order to
download the ROM code which the web site cannot host (It'd be a
copyright violation.)
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org>