[lug] [OT] TI-82 / TI-83 simulation [answer my own post]

Paul E Condon pecondon at mesanetworks.net
Wed Jan 26 13:01:22 MST 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 11:46:39AM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> My daughter is taking College Algebra. The course requires
> work on a graphing calculation, specifically TI-82 or TI-83.
> Is there open software that I can install on my linux box
> that will provide a fairly exact simulation of either of
> these? Where?
>
> Debian packaging preferred.
>
> TIA

Well there is a Debian package that I found in a more careful search,
namely gtktiemu, but it suffers from the same problem that others have
pointed out. All these emulators need an actual TI calculator from
which one copies the code in ROM. I didn't realize that a full up
emulation would probably violate TI copyright. I'm not into copyright
violation, so thanks, but I think I'll stop looking.

Thanks, again.
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon at mesanetworks.net