[lug] Cisco VPN

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Wed Feb 2 13:57:24 MST 2005

Cisco does put out a software VPN client to connect to their stuff.  I
used it about two years ago with one of their firewalls and it worked
fine.  The only cautions are that you need to be root to run it and that
it locks down all other network connections while you use it (so that you
can't bridge the VPN and your home network).  I would guess that they have
done a reasonable job of keeping the client current on linux.

Hugh