[lug] Linux Compatible Webcam

Michael Butterfield mblug at SedaliaComputer.com
Fri Feb 4 11:00:38 MST 2005

At my previous job we used one of the NetCam cameras-
http://www.stardot-tech.com/netcam/ . It is probably over-kill for what
you want to do, but they work great when you don't have a computer to
plug the camera into as they have an embedded linux OS and built in web
server. They're fun to mess around with, although a bit expensive. We
had one remotely deployed and hooked up to a wireless antenna on top of
a building, (had power there at least).

Ed's idea seems like the way to go if you have the right camera. I wish
that my digital camera was supported by gphoto, as it is I can only
mount it as a removable disk. It's an Olympus D-380, a cheap old camera,
I've regretted not checking gphoto's camera list prior to purchasing.

Michael Butterfield