[lug] What's my IP?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Feb 8 21:51:35 MST 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 06:36:35AM -0700, Dhruva B. Reddy wrote:
>Try remoting to another box from the box in question and finger
>yourself.  This, of course, requires that finger be installed on the
>remote box.

I know this is late, but here's what I'd try:

   tcpdump -lnpi eth0

      Does not run in promiscuous mode, so it should show packets that are
      from/to your system.  Perhaps coupled with a ping to some other host.

   less /proc/net/ip_conntrack

      If you have connection tracking going on, this will probably list at
      least some of the IP address you have on your machine.

   ip addr ls

      The lesser-known "ifconfig", the new way of doing it.  If they
      compromised ifconfig, they may not have compromised this.

Those are the first to come to mind.

Sean
--
 With Microsoft you get Windows...  Linux gives you the whole house.
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/