[lug] KRUD FC 3

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Thu Feb 10 07:36:59 MST 2005

The disabling of root logins as a default setting seems to be more common
these days.

I'd first look at /etc/security/access.conf to see if that's where they
disabled root logins at the console.  If the logins are disabled at the
gui/gdm login, I'd go look at /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf (there's an AllowRoot
config item).

I suspect that this was more you airing grievances than a request for
help, but just in case ....

Hugh