[lug] SCSI card for Umax Astra 600s scanner

Richard Hollos richard at exstrom.com
Thu Feb 10 12:15:51 MST 2005

I'm wanting to get a Umax Astra 600s scanner to work under SuSE 9.2.
Following standard procedure, it doesn't work. After looking at the SANE
documentation and doing some googling, I've concluded the only way to do it
is to replace the original SCSI card with another one that is known to work
with this scanner. I know that someone else has gotten this scanner to work
using an Adaptec 2906 SCSI card. Does anyone know where I could get one
locally? If not, do you know of other SCSI's that might also work?

Richard Hollos