[lug] Seeking BASE64 Encoder

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Feb 11 16:27:01 MST 2005

Hi All,

I need to send out a series of e-mails with attachments to a group of
people I'm working with, but each attachment is going to be a different
set of records from a larger database. I can automate the messages and the
file generation but I need a way to encode the file attachements before I
embed them in each message.

Is there something simple that comes with RH9 that I can use to do this
and have it run like a filter in a bash script?

A quick search on Google shows me there's lots of choices, but if there's
a simple tool that is probably already in my installation, I'd prefer
that. Otherwise, I'd like any recommendations for something simple in C.

Thanks!
- Bill Thoen