[lug] 3 Questions: 1) Port Forwarding 2) Unison 3) Job Management Software 4) Test Apache

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Feb 14 20:33:24 MST 2005

Daniel Webb wrote:
[...]
> Anyone who's interested please give me feedback, since this is my first
> public release.  I'm shooting for the level of code and documentation
> quality seen in the GNU project packages.

The man page looks pretty nice.  Two comments from a quick look:

You have a lot of options.  Besides removing or combining as many as you
can to keep things simple, you might try using the ssh equivalent short
and long versions.  For example:

Is "ssh-reverse-tunnel server" different than "ssh-reverse-tunnel
--server-host server_host"?

"--server-user server_user" could be replaced with "-l server_user",
couldn't it?

(And you might name the script srt, too, if that isn't already taken.)

You use localhost in several examples and then put in the "EXAMPLE -
RESOLVING HOST KEY CONFLICTS" section.  Perhaps it would be better to
use "server" or "client" and specify that they represent resolvable host
names (doesn't matter how they resolve).

Dave