[lug] More packages

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Tue Feb 15 23:52:55 MST 2005

I have two more packages that I'm requesting feedback on.

The first is an assertions and printf debugging package.
http://www.danielwebb.us/software/apd/
It's somewhat different from log4c, which seems to be the commonly used
package for flexible logging in C.
  - it has documentation
  - it is macro-based, so it can be completely removed for speed
I started this package long before log4c even existed, but I'm just now
getting around to releasing it.  Because I use the new C99 macro
functions to the max, it will only work with a C99 compiler (and I've
only tested with gcc).

The second is a parameter-passing library for C, because I needed the
power of a flexible parameters idiom like most interpreted languages.
It's basically a hash table with the supporting routines that are useful
for using a hash table to pass parameters around.
http://www.danielwebb.us/software/cpar/
This one also requires a C99 compiler, assuming the macro __VA_ARGS__
keyword is new in C99.

I don't really have any idea how useful these will be to others, I wrote
them as part of my dissertation software when I couldn't find anything
out there that could do what I wanted (in 2000-2001).  I had to do 90%
of the work for my own project anyway, so I figured I might as well
finish them out and release them.

Daniel