[lug] Stupid WGET question

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Wed Feb 16 13:04:15 MST 2005

I believe this may be what you're looking for:

man wget
       HTTP Options

       -E
       --html-extension
           If a file of type application/xhtml+xml or text/html is
downloaded
           and the URL does not end with the regexp \.[Hh][Tt][Mm][Ll]?,
this
           option will cause the suffix .html to be appended to the local
           filename.  This is useful, for instance, when you're mirroring a
           remote site that uses .asp pages, but you want the mirrored
pages
           to be viewable on your stock Apache server.  Another good use
for
           this is when you're downloading CGI-generated materials.  A URL
           like http://site.com/article.cgi?25 will be saved as arti-
           cle.cgi?25.html.

                            http://www.tummy.com/