[lug] OT: static electricity

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri Mar 4 15:58:55 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 07:56 -0700, Steve Sullivan

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 10:47 -0700, Michael Belanger wrote:
> While this is certainly possible.. I suspect you may have a problem with
> the Motherboard itself or with how it is connected to the frame.

I completely agree with Michael here.  Something is wrong with your
setup.  I have touched my computer case and zapped it hard enough that I
could really feel it but the computer did not have any problems and kept
running just fine.  Any static shock should ground through the case into
the electrical ground wire.

It could be something wrong with your computer and the power connections
inside or it could be something an electrician needs to look at.
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org>