[lug] ftp problem

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Tue Mar 8 12:05:06 MST 2005

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 10:36:11AM -0700, Gary Hodges wrote:

> Is it possible the firewall is stripping files out of the tar archive or
> should we look somewhere else?

My guess is that the missing files are at the end of the archive, and
the archives are sometimes not getting through completely.  Maybe add
something to your script to send along an md5 hash to make sure the
received file is the same as the sent file.  The last place I would
suspect would be that a firewall is set up to examine and filter .tar.gz
files...