[lug] ftp problem

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 17:41:54 MST 2005

Gary Hodges wrote:
> For another test I tried uploading ten uncompressed tar files and four
> came in without problems.  Tar archives are sequential, right?  I think
> it is strange that files are randomly missing from the tar archives.  If
> the transfer didn't finish, wouldn't the files be missing from the end?
> I'll play with the size verification code below and the md5 suggestion
> too...

Is it possible that not all of the files going into the tarball have the
same permissions...perhaps permissions are a problem? Or perhaps if the
files are not static and change, is it possible that the tar is
occurring at a moment when the files are not completely there?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net