[lug] Boulder Linux Users Group - 10-year Anniversary Meeting

J. Wayde Allen wallen at village.org
Wed Mar 9 09:30:29 MST 2005

On 8 Mar 2005, Michael J. Hammel wrote:

> Congrats to the group for 10 years of penguin power!  I'll actually be
> in Colorado Springs on Wed for an interview, but will be leaving Thur
> morning so can't make the meeting.

Well ... at least we may have good weather.  (Hmmm ... I wonder how many
people will get that old joke?)

Chris called me yesterday and I'm planning to attend.  I'm very sorry that
you can't make it.  It would be nice to see you.

> I wish I could remember when I first went to a meeting.  Musta been in
> '95 or '96 I'd think.  Oh, how things were different back then.  :-)

Indeed!  I was trying to look back through the archives to see when I
first opened the BLUG up to the public.  We ran for at least a year
internal to the Department of Commerce before going public.
Unfortunately the e-mail archive seems to be broken with dates ranging
from 1904 to 2010 and the old e-mails apparently missing.

I don't remember the first time I asked you to give a presentation at
BLUG.  Some web searching did uncover a meeting summary I wrote that was
published in a 1997 issue of the Linux Gazette, see
<http://pit.getideas.net/lg/issue23/boulder.html>.

- Wayde
  (wallen at village.org)