[lug] Help using GRASS to work on Boulder County maps

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Sat Mar 12 09:49:12 MST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Paul E Condon wrote:

> I'm just getting started on GIS. I am learning to use GRASS. I want to import
> Boulder County maps into GRASS. Boulder uses Arcview, I believe. Does anyone
> on this list know how to import such maps into GRASS?

A friend of mine who uses GRASS passed this on to me:

"Check out <http://grass.baylor.edu/> and follow the links to the
documentation. For GRASS-6.0, use the online html manual and select the
vector link. There you'll find:

      <http://grass.baylor.edu/grass60/manuals/html60_user/v.in.ogr.html>

which is the man page that describes v.in.ogr. Available drivers include
ESRI shapefiles."

- Bill Thoen