[lug] FC3 download problems - MD5SUM fails

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sat Mar 12 21:29:42 MST 2005

On 12 Mar 2005, at 7:34 PM, Michael Deck wrote:
> I'm looking for any advice on downloading Fedora Core 3 iso's. So far
> I've tried
>
> * download via wget http from hiwaay mirror, burn using Nero (Win32),
> fail mediacheck all 4 discs
> * download via wget http from hiwaay mirror, burn using cdrecord
> (FC1), fail mediacheck
> * download via wget http from kernel.org mirror, burn using cdrecord
> -pad (FC1), fail mediacheck

[snip]

> * download via wget http from kernel.org mirror, md5sum fails
> * download via ftp from fedora.redhat.org, md5sum fails all 4 .iso
> files

Given that many failures from disparate sources, I'd say you've ruled
out random errors.  (I've not had that many corrupt downloads in the
last 10 years!).  I would say either there are corrupt FC3 iso's in the
wild, or your machine has a problem.

You did say that you were low on hard drive space, right?  Makes me
wonder if the last few blocks on your HD are bad or if your filesystem
is out of whack.

Tim
Timothy Klein: tecce at silverklein.net
Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp