[lug] FC3 download problems - MD5SUM fails

Michael Deck deckm at cleansoft.com
Sun Mar 13 14:15:59 MST 2005

Thanks for many ideas on this problem. They _do_ run the gamut :) I think
the most cost-effective thing to do at this point is order up a KRUD set
from the great folks at tummy.com. Here are a few loose-end-tying notes.

* The MD5SUM files posted in each mirror directory along with the iso files
are all identical.
* The torrent sounds like a good idea maybe for the future. I should learn
more about it.
* The value I get when I run the md5sum command is different for every
download I do of the same iso.
* I tried the memtest, no errors found.
* I didn't pay attention carefully to the byte count advertized prior to
download so I'm not sure of the comparison.
* I ttied ignoring all these dire warnings and now I have a system that has
no working OS on it :( Install failed after I'd repartitioned and reformatted.
* I'm only a little low on drive space. That is, I have a little over 2.4G
available on the drive, but at over 600M apiece, I can't store all 4 iso's
at once for very long.
* I'm close to Boulder and it was a nice offer to share the CD's but I'm
not in a terrible rush.

-Mike

Michael Deck
Cleanroom Software Engineering, Inc.