[lug] Invitation to Linux Versus Windows Presentation Thursday

Patty Laushman patty at theuptimegroup.com
Mon Mar 14 18:11:21 MST 2005

Dale Laushman and I would like to extend an invitation to all the BLUGgers
to The Uptime Group's presentation this Thursday.  It is being hosted by the
Association of Information Technology Professionals, and the title of our
talk is "Linux Versus Windows: Unwinding the Spin."

I have also invited an attorney from Holme, Roberts & Owen, LLP (HRO) who
specializes in open source law to speak about the risks of both open source
and proprietary software. She will talk about the fact that there are risks
with using open source software, but remind people that there have always
been risks associated with using proprietary software. She will present a
comparison of both sides and show that either way, you can manage the risks
-- you just need to know what you are getting into and plan for it.

Ross Wehner, high tech Denver Post reporter, will also be giving a
pre-dinner workshop on technology reporting.

You can register here:  <http://denveraitp.org/> http://denveraitp.org/

Hope to see you all there!

Regards,

Patty Laushman