[lug] Free DEC Alpha

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Tue Mar 15 08:17:34 MST 2005

I have a DEC Alpha computer that I need to get rid of.

The general specs are

533Mhz EV56
DeskStation 164UX "Ruffian" MB
384M RAM (Pretty much any PC66-100 DIMMs work)
8GB HD Space
SCSI CDROM
ATI Rage Pro Video card 16MB RAM
Ensoniq ES-1371/SoundBlaster Card
On-Board DEC Tulip Ethernet

The machine has a fresh install of Debian Sarge w/ Kernel 2.6.10 installed
on it, including a current version of KDE, Mozilla, etc. IOW, this is an
up-to date, running machine, not a beater piece of hardware that may or may
not work.

I'd prefer to give it to someone that would be wanting to use it for their
main Linux machine. I'll throw in a half hour tutorial on the ARCS BIOS and
Milo as well.

Email me off-list if you are interested. Pick-up site is East Broomfield.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/
Voice: 303 438 9585