[lug] USB 2.0 PCMCIA/PCCard Adapter

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Mar 15 11:37:02 MST 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 09:23:13AM -0700, Michael Belanger wrote:
>Not as convenient as I would have liked.. For many USB devices, you need
>to use an AC adapter with the card.. The PCCard slot's don't have enough

I used one a while ago that you would plug into your USB port for the extra
power.  So, you'd plug the power into an existing USB 1 slot, and then this
card into the PCMCIA slot to get 2.0 ports.  IIRC, it had 4 2.0 ports.  At
that time, I had a laptop that had only 1 ports, and had a pile of data to
copy to an external device that supported 2.0.  2.0 worked MUCH better.

Sean
--
 "The only thing more expensive than hiring a professional is hiring
 an amateur."  -- Red Adair,  Oil Well Fire-Fighter