[lug] Modem recommendations

Michael Belanger mrb at ciclops.org
Tue Mar 22 13:24:42 MST 2005

Well.. I am an idealist -- prone to disappointment.. From what I have
googled, USB modems and linux are not quite there yet.. Apparently I
would need to use some very experimental kernel drivers to make this
work -- and even then, it didn't sound promising..

USR V.92/V.90 External Serial modem has been ordered..
Next big hurdle will be learning how to configure Mgetty to accept calls
and allow shell access. Brave new world for me.

:)

Thanks everyone!

-M