[lug] delete last character of every line

gkmarsh at ekit.com gkmarsh at ekit.com
Thu Mar 24 13:55:38 MST 2005

Shannon,

Copy the file to a floppy or 2.  Start up your DRDOS FAT 16 computor,
load WordStar for DOS - ANY VERSION, open the file and use ^QA to find
and replace all "." with nothing

Greg Marsh - DRDOS forever!

Quoting Rick Casey <rick at rickcasey.net>:

> You said: <begin> Shannon Johnston<end>
>> Once again, I'm stuck with a little problem.
>> I've got a list of 6000 ip addresses in a text
>file, all of them have a
>> trailing ".". I need to get rid of that before it
>becomes useful.
>>
>> Does anybody know how to do that? Either in vi or
>as a sed command?
>
>In vi, at command line:
>
>%s/.$//g
>
>ought to do it...
>
>rick

eKit - the global phonecard with more!

Spend less on overseas calls, receive messages worldwide.
Visit http://www.ekit.com/ for details.