[lug] [OT!] Help with rsx/DEC

Wagner, Carl Carl.Wagner at level3.com
Mon Apr 4 13:43:44 MDT 2005

If you are still running the PDP, have you considered running the
application under a simulator?  You could save a lot of power and floor
space that way.

http://simh.trailing-edge.com/

I have played with SIMH as a VAX and it is pretty cool, and it runs
under Linux!  You install it and then install the OS (in my case VMS)
from CD or possibly disk image.  It looks like they have quite a few PDP
emulators. The only hard part would be getting the RSX OS in a format
that you could install from, but you could probably find that on the web
some ware.  I see RT-11, RSTS, and Unix for the PDP 11 on the simh
webpage. (didn't see RSX though)

Carl.