[lug] [OT!] Help with rsx/DEC

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Tue Apr 5 13:20:28 MDT 2005

> Hmm, maybe i wasn't clear at all: this is from times way before curses :-)
> Actually, RSX is from times way before common Unix (remember: we talk PDP11
Interesting...I remember an old high school had what I think was a PDP10
or 11. It had a big floppy drive, and wire wrap on the back, and no hard
drive. Is it *that* old?

> No Linux client - only telnet access. From my undertanding the culprit part
> must be the tenlnet "server"/task. From a (serial) console attached to the
> box everything works as expected, when the same escape sequences are sent from
> a (perl) app. via telnet the application gets all messed up.

In that case you might be in luck even if you can't find someone who
knows the answer. It means you can use ethereal or other snooping apps
to see the codes live.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net