[lug] comparing libc and the DLL runtime lib in windows

Ken Weinert kweinert at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 04:49:22 MDT 2005

For a project I'm working on I'm using some code found on the net as a
base. It was Windows-centric, but not rabidly so, thus it was easy to
convert it. I've been corresponding with the author and he asked a
question I'm not quite clear on and was hoping someone here with more
experience in the area could help me out.

> Btw, maybe you could clear up something up for me: Is there a libc.so
> (an equivalent to the DLL runtime library in windows) or doesn't linux
> have the multiple heaps problem at all ?

Obviously libc is shared, but I'm not quite sure what he means by the
"multiple heaps problem" in his question.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks.

BTW: he wants me to feed back the Linux version of his project so he
can put it on his page - which I will do, of course.

Ken Weinert   kweinert at gmail.com