[lug] glibc-debuginfo...Help.

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Tue Apr 12 15:01:38 MDT 2005

OK, in order to debug a problem I have with abiword on my FC3 box, I was
asked to install the glibc-debuginfo packages so that gdb works better,
I guess.

Installing it is no problem, but I was wondering what happens to my
system with that there.  All of the sudden, will all my programs load up
a mess of debug information?  That is, will Firefox and Evolution be
larger than they usually are?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I've never used debuginfo packages for
something so fundamental as glibc!

Matt
--
The mayfly lives only one day, and sometimes it rains. - Geo. Carlin
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/