[lug] Linux Compatible Webcam

Ken Weinert kweinert at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 12:06:12 MDT 2005

I have a Canon PowerShot S1 IS

I can take photos with my camera through gphoto2 - however one issue
I've not tracked down is that I need to be root to be able to access
the camera.

I'm sure it's a permissions thing somewhere, but sudo is my friend and
I don't transfer that many images and . . . well, once it did what I
wanted I stopped chasing it down, tbh.