[lug] Bridging netwroks with wireless

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon May 2 02:10:37 MDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 06:03:36PM -0600, Michael Hirsch wrote:
>modem comes in).  I'd like to Have another wireless box in anonther
>room which would bridge between the wired netwrok in the rest of the
>house and the netgear router.

It has already been mentioned that devices like the WET11 can do exactly
this.  I'd also mention that the WRT-54G can do this.  I don't remember if
it's in the stock firmware, or only add-on firmware, but I have done this.
You go into the wireless setup and say "Client" mode, give it ESSID and
other wireless settings, and then it allows you to connect ethernet devices
to it, which get bridged to the wireless network.

Sean
--
 Let us live!!!  Let us love!!!  Let us share the deepest secrets
 of our souls!!!       You first.