[lug] Bridging netwroks with wireless

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Mon May 2 02:18:59 MDT 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 02:09:08AM -0600, Ken MacFerrin wrote:

> I have 3 WRT's running the Sveasoft Alchemy distribution and one of them
> on the WDS link is a 2.2 version.  I've not had any issues so far.

I'm surprised to hear this.  I've seen nothing on the linksysinfo or
dslreports forums but bad things about version 2.2.  It's so bad that one of
the headlines at linksysinfo.org is:

"News of a beta firmware has given some hope for the WRT54G v2.2-v3.0 and
WRT54GS v1.1-v2.0 users for a break through in the wirless thoughput and
disconnection problems they have had recently."

There are also numerous threads about this problem with hundreds of posts.  I
didn't read every post, but read at least 100, and never saw a post from
anyone with 2.2 who didn't have the problem.  Several people with 2.2 said
they didn't have problems, then posted later to say that in fact they had just
never sent large files, and when they did they crashed their routers.