[lug] Bridging netwroks with wireless

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Mon May 2 11:38:37 MDT 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 02:40:13AM -0600, Ken MacFerrin wrote:

> I haven't tried stuffing one overly large file down the pipe the but the
> kids play Warcraft & UT2004 online on multiple PCs behind the link
> simultaneously without issues.
>
> From what I've read on the forums the difference is the v2 uses an
> ADM6996L LAN chip whereas the v2.2 uses a BCM5325EKQM.  The ADM chip has
> better QoS and VLAN capabilities but the BCM supports faster throughput.
> -Ken

Try a CD ISO and see what happens...  it won't really matter for you if you
never do that in real use, but I know I sometimes send up to 1GB single files.
Why that would matter (as opposed to lot of packets worth small files) I don't
know enough about networking to even guess, that's just what I've read on the
forums.