[lug] MPlayer and ALSA

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Mon May 2 17:24:09 MDT 2005

Make sure you have the alsa-lib-devel stuff installed.  On my RH-based
distro, I have 3 packages:

alsa-lib-devel-1.0.6-8.FC3
alsa-lib-1.0.6-8.FC3
alsa-utils-1.0.6-3

The config.log (not sure about that name) left behind by configure may
give more clues.  Find the part where it tests for ALSA stuff - my guess
is that you're missing some required header files (not required for
run-time).