[lug] Robust storage

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Mon May 2 21:31:46 MDT 2005

Collins Richey wrote:
> On 5/2/05, Nick Golder <nrg at nirgo.net> wrote:
>

>>>I need to try reiser again.  I steered clear of it for quite a while after
>>>a year where all of the tummy.com folks ran into serious file-system
>>>corruption on our laptops running Reiser.  That was around 4 years ago now
>>>though.  It's time to try again.
>>>

>>IMHO, reiserfs has matured well over the last couple of years.  What
>>other file systems can use "atomic" and "dancing trees" as their
>>selling points?
>>

> I sincerely hope it has matured! The only two experiences I have with
> Reiser (at least 1 year ago) both inded in a corrupted FS after an
> uncontrolled (unplanned) shutdown. Fool me once, fool me twice, but
> never again.

Lots of people use it with Linux-HA.

Many people who've had troubles with the reliability of ext3 have been
happy since switching to reiserfs in the same circumstances.

But, there are some people who report the opposite.

It's a hard call...                YMMV...

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce