[lug] compact linux distributions

Matt Poepping matt.poepping at gmail.com
Mon May 16 21:29:04 MDT 2005

Here is a list of the single floppy distros that I have used in the
past and work ok
http://www.linuxrouter.org/
http://mulinux.sunsite.dk/
http://www.toms.net/rb/
http://www.coyotelinux.com/

Or you could just have your remote computer pxe boot from another
server in your house, so at every boot it would have a clean image.
http://syslinux.zytor.com/pxe.php

This page http://www.kegel.com/linux/pxe.html  has a bunch of links on
setting up linux to boot via pxe for a linux diskless workstation.

the linux terminal server project.
http://www.ltsp.org/

If this is just for playing music then here are some bootable linux
distro that where created for just that purpose
http://amacdys.sourceforge.net/
http://www.geexbox.org/en/screenshot.html
http://movix.sourceforge.net/
http://womp.sourceforge.net/

Apple also has the airport express basestation, which streams music
from itunes over a wireless network.