[lug] compact linux distributions

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon May 16 23:39:29 MDT 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 09:29:04PM -0600, Matt Poepping wrote:
>If this is just for playing music then here are some bootable linux
>distro that where created for just that purpose

For playing it off the CD you boot from, right?  I know that's the case for
geexbox, no networking that I was aware of, at least not the last time I
tried it.  It's pretty impressive though, a 7MB image that will boot up and
play music or movies from a CD.  It's also impressive because it will use
the hardware decoding in the mini-itx 800MHz fanless box I have so it can
keep up with decoding even the heaviestweight DVDs.

Sean
--
 Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else
 can see.  -- Arthur Schopenhauer