[lug] replacement for gnome-terminal

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Tue May 17 10:09:11 MDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 09:36 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
[snip]

> The only thing I have noticed anoying about Terminal is that when you
> are scrolling a ton of things (large compile, etc) it uses up a large
> about of cpu.

The major CPU hog with gnome-terminal and Terminal is anti-aliased
fonts.  If you want your good old xterm speed back, use a bitmap font.
Or, you can use an nVidia graphics card with binary drivers and
RenderAccel turned on.  I don't know which open-source drivers do a good
job at it.
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org>