[lug] (no subject)

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Wed May 18 11:53:45 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 11:13 -0600, Dan Ferris wrote:
> Ok,
>
> This particular problem is beginnig to drive me insane.  The is on both
> Fedora Core 3 boxes AND our Red Hat Enterprise 3 boxes:
>
> (1) [~] > gcc test.c -o test.o
> /lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_check_caller at GLIBC_PRIVATE'
> /lib/libc.so.6: undefined reference to `_dl_tls_symaddr at GLIBC_PRIVATE'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> This error comes from any box that includes stdio.h or anything else
> that needs glibc.
>
> glibc hasn't been touched since like December.  Any ideas to make this
> problem go away would be appreciated.

Well there was a new glibc, et al, update a few weeks back (36d if my
uptime was from that reboot) for FC3, you might try that out.

But, when the dynamic linker isn't happy as this seems to say, I'm
stumped.  I'm not fancy so I'd probably just reinstall/upgrade gcc,
glibc*, libdl, everything.

Matt
--
The mayfly lives only one day, and sometimes it rains. - Geo. Carlin
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/