[lug] Backup system ideas

Mike Stanczyk stanczyk at pcisys.net
Wed May 18 22:42:02 MDT 2005

Since the suggestions every submitted were so great the last time
(pdf creation), I'd like your suggestions and horror stories about
backup systems.

The problem:
The NT4sp6 server's Travan tape drive is dying.  I've scavanged
enough old hardware to build a backup machine.  The backup machine
will run linux on an internal ide drive with an external scsi
drive to host backup files.  If a spare scsi tape drive of mine
checks out, that will go in as well.

The software:
Amanda and Backula are on my research list.  Other suggestions?

Other sillyness:
Windows XP, 2000, and 98 are around too.

Thanks!
Mike